Basic Tools of Directing - a one-day intensive - March 16
Time & Location
About The Event
MORNING SESSION - Getting on the Same Page
- Work through the scene in depth with your actors
- Analyze the actions and character relationships
- Uncover the subtext
- Search for playable objectives
AFTERNOON SESSION - Getting the Scene on Its Feet
- Visualize the setting
- Create organic blocking
- Discover the ideal composition and rhythm for the scene
- Intensify the performances
- Learn how to begin - an overview
- Learn methods of directing actors towards compelling performances
- Learn how to lead collaboratively
- Learn to create visible emotion through dynamic staging
In this hands-on intensive you will work the craft of directing with director-teacher Robert Bailey. Robert has been directing and acting for over thirty years. He teaches directing and acting at USC, and is a director and acting teacher at New York Film Academy.
Basic Tools of Directing - One-day Intensive is $175.
THE DIRECTORS WORKSHOP
The Directors Workshop gives directors, actors, and writer-directors an opportunity to hone their craft without the pressures of production. A variety of workshops are offered from one-day to six-week to intensive weekends.