Sat, Mar 16|
The Complex Hollywood
Basic Tools of Directing - a one-day intensive - March 16
A prerequisite for inexperienced directors prior to workshop sign-up. Or, a good refresher if it's been a while. You'll gain an overview of directing fundamentals that will give you enough knowledge base and hands-on experience to be comfortable in the 6-Week Directors Workshop.
Time & Location
Mar 16, 2019, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Complex Hollywood, 6476 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038, USA
About The Event
MORNING SESSION - Getting on the Same Page
- Work through the scene in depth with your actors
- Analyze the actions and character relationships
- Uncover the subtext
- Search for playable objectives
AFTERNOON SESSION - Getting the Scene on Its Feet
- Visualize the setting
- Create organic blocking
- Discover the ideal composition and rhythm for the scene
- Intensify the performances
- Learn how to begin - an overview
- Learn methods of directing actors towards compelling performances
- Learn how to lead collaboratively
- Learn to create visible emotion through dynamic staging
In this hands-on intensive you will work the craft of directing with director-teacher Robert Bailey. Robert has been directing and acting for over thirty years. He teaches directing and acting at USC, and is a director and acting teacher at New York Film Academy.
Basic Tools of Directing - One-day Intensive is $175.
THE DIRECTORS WORKSHOP
The Directors Workshop gives directors, actors, and writer-directors an opportunity to hone their craft without the pressures of production. A variety of workshops are offered from one-day to six-week to intensive weekends.